Monday, August 8, 2011

I have a DVT in my leg. How soon till I'm back to normal?

I had an ultrasound yesterday and it was comfirmed I have a DVT in my leg. I was given a shot in the stomach and sent home. I started on blood thinners today(10mg) and had to give myself 2 shots in the belly(that sucked). I do this for 3 more days before I go to the hospital for an INR. So my question is, in general, how long does it take for the swelling and pain to go away? It sounds stupid but I didn't ask my doctor and so I don't know it it takes a few days or weeks. Just kinda curious. Thanks. Oh and how likely is it that this clot could move to my lungs or somewhere else right now? Im taking all the precausions and medications, but still wonder if the clot could move on me. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment